MediaCom UK is the frontrunner among finalists in this year’s Thinkbox TV Planning Awards, run in conjunction with Campaign.
Judges, including marketers from NHS England, TUI and Lloyds Banking Group, will decide on the winners from seven categories, including Young TV Planner of the Year, introduced in 2020. A new TV Planning Agency of the Year award will be voted by Thinkbox and the broadcasters. Results will be announced in July.
MediaCom leads the work categories with four shortlisted entries, ahead of Manning Gottlieb OMD, OMD UK, Republic of Media and Wavemaker UK with two entries apiece. The UK’s biggest media agency was ahead at this point last year also but, on the day of the awards, it was Mediahub that lifted the 2020 Grand Prix trophy, for its work for NHS England.
This year, as always, the Grand Prix will be chosen by the judges to represent the best of the best.
MG OMD, OMD UK, Republic of Media and Wavemarker UK are additionally shortlisted for TV Planning Agency of the Year.
All shortlisted entries will also be considered for two special awards this year.
The Advanced TV Planning award will evaluate how entries have taken full advantage of the new opportunities opened by technology, such as cross-broadcaster audience mapping, customer data-matching, and expanding addressable capabilities.
The Best Use of TV in a Crisis will recognise the particular challenges faced by planners, agencies and brands in the past 12 months, and reward those that have adapted with excellence in unparalleled times.
The shortlisted entries
Best Integrated Campaign
- MediaCom UK for Direct Line
- MediaCom UK for Tesco
- Republic of Media, Propaganda and Souter PR for Roberts Bakery
- The7stars for On the Beach
Best Ongoing Use of TV
- MediaCom UK for Lloyds Bank
- OMD for NFU Mutual
- Wavemaker UK for Nationwide
Best Small Budget Use of TV
- December19 and Weave for People’s Energy
- LOVE or FEAR and Running Total Media for Elder
- MG OMD for NHS Blood and Transplant (HM Gov)
- The Barber Shop, Blonde and SixteenByNine for Parkinson’s UK
Best TV Newcomer
- Havas UK for Royal Mail
- PINTARGET & ISOBEL for Jet UK
- Republic of Media for Jura Whisky – Whyte & Mackay
- UM Birmingham for Dexcom G6
Best Use of Content
- MediaCom UK for Tesco
- MG OMD for Age UK
- PHD for the British Heart Foundation
- Wavemaker UK for Paramount/Sonic the Hedgehog
Best Use of Sponsorship
- OMD for PepsiCo/Walkers
- Total Media for Freshpet
- UM Manchester for Aldi
Young TV Planner of the Year
- Becky France, OMD UK
- Chris Lucas, Mostly Media
- Jasmin Weston-Smith, Mindshare
- Sean Taylor, Essence
TV Planning Agency of the Year
- MG OMD
- Republic of Media
- The Specialist Works
- Wavemaker UK
For full details on the awards go to www.tvplanningawards.co.uk
This article was originally published by Campaign.