Welcome to this week’s FWD. In the week of the 2020 Super Bowl we saw these ads compete to win the battle for share of social voice. All of the online giants took part, with Facebook pushing Groups, Amazon imagining a life #BeforeAlexa (and becoming the most watched ad on YouTube during the game) and US telco, Sprint, opting for a Dudewithasign in the crowd instead of a TV ad. Lastly, Planters tripped up with their attempts at a viral stunt.
- YouTube is a $15 billion a year business
- Pinterest brings AR to the platform showcasing a make-up trial tool
- News Corp has launched a news aggregator, Knewz to taking on dominant Google News
- WhatsApp looks to be launching Payments in 6 months
- Facebook launches a new hub for Community to drive Groups adoption
- Twitter rolls out conversation threads