Welcome to this week’s edition of MG OMD FWD from sun burnt in east London. Facebook Shop, Apple Glasses and a call out to build creative solutions using 5G. Enjoy!
- Shops: Facebook introduces 2-click buying in Facebook and Instagram making it easier for merchants to sell on the platforms, including uploading product catalogues.
- Pinterest adds ‘Shopping Spotlights’ to highlight product recommendations from Fashion Influencers
- Dmexico returns in September and returning to its local roots
- NBA stars deliver training tips to mobiles all over the world in a global partnership with Famer
- Twitter testing Stories-esque feature “Fleets” to Italian users
- Katy Perry’s mixed reality performance on the final of American Idol was a virtual showstopper
- Rumour: Apple is going to release smart glasses. They will come in prescription and sunglasses versions, a LIDAR camera will monitor your proximity to objects and locations and show relevant AR prompts, no secret filming available.
- Bumble has been encouraging people to have virtual dates, and has signed a partnership with Airbnb to use some of its experiences for people to go on virtual dates
- Digital catapult has launched the 5G Testbed Accelerator programme. An open call for applications from the creative industry